#VincoSecretAthlete - How They Train: Week 2
Written by Michelle Sammet 28th October 2013
Here we go! It's week 2 of our exciting #VincoSecretAthlete How They Train Series.
If you missed last week's competition with Adam Gemili, fear not, we have another one coming up right now. For those who don't know the details, here's a quick run through how it works:
HOW TO ENTER
Simply participate below and tell us whose training schedule you think we have featured this week and you automatically enter the prize draw. Like and follow VincoSport or our partners on social media to gain additional enteries into the draw. The more you enter, like/follow and tweet, the higher your chances of winning the prize!
We will release further clues midweek but the more clues available the less likely you'll be to win the prize, so get your entries in fast!
By Friday we will reveal who out of the correct entries has won along with a quick-fire question and answer session with the owner of the training schedule. But we've not just asked the standard questions. You should learn some pretty interesting details about the athlete that you might not have read about on conventional media channels.
This week's prize winner will receive a pair of Zondo Active Running Tights. And let's be honest, with the weather getting chillier by the minute, everyone could do with a pair of these. It doesn't matter if you're male of female, Zondo will send you the style and size of your choice.
To get you started, we're giving you three clues...
- The athlete is an English male.
- The athlete is a two-time Olympian.
- The athlete has medalled at the European Championships.
4 miles easy run
Afternoon Gym session Weights and core - Medium intensity
3x1800 or 4x1300 road loops with 90sec recovery
5 miles easy
5 miles steady
Circuit training (press ups, burpees, plyos, dumbbells, etc.)
25 mins cross trainer
(light session) 3 main exercises back squat, hand clean, step ups
Track: 10x400 (1min)
or 12x300 (45sec)
4 miles easy
6 miles steady
3x10 mins on grass (2min)
or hills 10x1 min jog down recovery
25 mins cross trainer & weights medium to high intensity
10-13 miles long run
Get guessing, liking and tweeting! Good luck from all of us at VincoSport!
- 1 2014-15 World Class Performance Programme selectio...
- 2 9 tips to help prevent and treat shin splints
- 3 Germany to make doping a crime
- 4 Sweet potato brownies: the perfect post training t...
- 5 British Athletes condemn Crystal Palace track demo...
- 6 Doha boycotters have Rutherford backing
- 7 Team Scotland to face Team GB in Glasgow
- 8 Harkins excited to see a Scottish team line up at ...
- 9 Auckland and Butchart claim victory at Scottish 4k...
- 10 2014/15 British Athletics Futures Programme select...